Greater Houston’s Repiping Specialists
We Diagnose & Fix Pipe Problems in the Greater Clear Lake Area
Like anything you use over and over, the pipes in your home may become less effective over time. In older homes with outdated piping or when piping is not properly maintained, plumbing systems may break down. When the costs associated with repairing your pipes become too costly or you want to take preventative measures, repipe plumbing may be an option. At Alliance Plumbing Services, we are proud to offer repiping services in Webster, TX, and the greater Clear Lake area.
Our service technicians work with you to determine whether repairs or a full repiping is necessary for your home. No matter what option you choose, we are ready to assist. As a local, family-owned business with generations of plumbing experience, we are the greater Clear Lake area plumbing company our community knows and relies on for a job done right.
When To Repipe Your Plumbing
Repiping can be a large financial investment and a major job in your home. In many instances, the benefits outweigh the costs. Our technicians will never pressure you into a decision you are not ready to make but speak to you about your options and what is best for your home.
You may want to consider repiping if:
- Your pipes are leaking in multiple areas
- Mold and mildew are growing inside the pipes
- Water spots appear on ceilings and walls
- Your water is discolored
- There is a musty smell in your home
- Water is acidic
Depending on your unique piping situation, we can recommend a solution that will fix any issues you have and even reduce your utility bill. At Alliance Plumbing Services, we want to be the best plumbers in Texas and offer reliable solutions to address your needs. If you need repiping or another plumbing service in the greater Clear Lake area, do not hesitate to discover what we can do for you.
Whole-House Repiping Service in Webster & the Greater Clear Lake Area
Plumbing systems have evolved considerably over the past century. As new materials became available, new types of pipes were formed. These perform differently and age at different rates. Common signs that your pipes are wearing out and need to be replaced include changes in the taste, color, or smell of the water. Frequent leaks and increased repairs are other common signs to watch for as your plumbing system ages.
Understanding Which Pipes Tend to Have the Most Problems
- Copper pipes are well-regarded for their longevity and durability. Copper pipes tend to last 50 years or longer, and they generally don’t need to be replaced as often as other pipes. They also are highly resistant to temperature differences, which means they don’t break often or wear out quickly.
- Galvanized steel pipes were the top choice of residential builders for many years. They are coated in zinc and designed to prevent the formation of rust, but they won’t last forever. If your home was built before the 1990s, it may have galvanized pipes that are nearing the end of their life span. They may begin to rust and contaminate the water supply with lead as corrosion takes hold.
- Polyvinyl chloride pipes took over the mantle once held by galvanized pipes. Because they are plastic, they don’t rust or corrode. Their material is designed to last indefinitely; however, they are more fragile than metal pipes. This means they are more easily damaged and can warp over time. This is particularly problematic in regard to hot water and higher temperatures that can warp the pipe and cause it to fail. Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipes are more durable than PVC pipes. They are designed to withstand higher temperatures and won’t warp as easily.
- Cross-linked polyethylene pipes are an alternative to PVC or CPVC pipes. They are more flexible and easier to install, and they’re designed to last indefinitely. However, because this is a newer material, it is difficult to say how it will compare to copper, PVC, or galvanized steel pipes over time.
Contact Alliance Plumbing at (281) 488-0296 for more information about repiping your home in League City, Houston, Friendswood, Seabrook, Pasadena, and more. Our family-owned team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and help you determine the best way to proceed with the work. We back our work up with ironclad guarantees, which is why we’re the top choice for repiping services in the region.